Thanks for checking out Reanimated's big bonanza 27th episode where we pull out the big guns to review the 2009 film, Pontypool. H.A. and Stuart are joined by veteran podcaster extraordinaire, Kyle Deas of Popcultural Osmosis!
This just in!
1. Two zombie TV shows appeared on io9’s recent round-up of Fall Pilots.
From the NBC network
For seven years we've been reading about this project — but now it's finally filming a pilot, starring Megan Good. It's a zombie series that's set in a town where the infected masses start to return.
From the CW network
Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars) has a new show! And it sounds just as cute/gruesome as his past work, based on the Vertigo comic. THR revealed the synopsis here: "First off as opposed to being a gravedigger, Gwen will be med student/zombie who gets a coroner's office gig to maintain her humanity via eating brains. Of course a side effect of the brain eating means that Gwen experiences their memories and has to solve their murders in order to get their voices out of her head."
2. Escape from a room with a zombie! Also probably try not to overreact and kill any of the participants!
Room Escape Adventures is a company that conducts live room escape games
- locking real people together in real rooms, and challenging them with working together to find a way to get out.
- new room escape adventure is called 'Trapped in a Room with a Zombie’
- zombie shackled up inside of the room, as desperate to escape his imprisonment as you are to escape yours.
- every five minutes, zombie's chain released another foot, and you've got 60 minutes to find a key that will allow you to get out
- tickets for the live event are $28, and you'll be locked in a room with up to 11 other brave individuals.
- locations include Chicago, Ohio and Pennsylvania
3. The Zombie Apocalypse Stock Portfolio from Investor's Business Daily
Surviving Wall Street is almost as hard as surviving "The Walking Dead." But the Zombie Apocalypse stock portfolio — companies that should do well in an undead outbreak — has been a fast-moving market winner for several weeks.
The zombie apocalypse portfolio:
1. SolarCity - residential-focused solar panels - also chaired by Elon Musk
2. Pall Corp - water filtration products
3. Generac - generators
4. Smith&Wesson - firearms
5. Sturm Ruger - firearms
6. Cabela’s - outdoor sports retailer (a.k.a. firearms)
7. GNC - vitamins