Best episode title ever: Tell it to the frogs
Hey Zed-fans, welcome back to the show. This week the podcast turns double digits! 10 episodes! Yay. Reanimated celebrated with a double-fisted helping of zombie news followed by a review of Episode 3 of The Walking Dead!
In the news
> Zombabiez: The disgustingly adorable torso-only-zombie Halloween costume for babies.
"It's with Billy Zane and it's a zombie, post-apocalyptic movie about fracking, I really liked the script because it's just interesting."
From Oct 14, 2013 to Dec 20, 2013, UC Irvine will be offering a free, online course based on topics gleaned from The Walking Dead
“The added challenge of maintaining the engagement of thousands of students is exciting as a teacher, it places us at the frontier of questioning what is possible in education. If we do not try the experiment, we will never know.”
- Professor Michael Dennin
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs—is survival just about being alive?
- Social order and structures—from the farm and the prison to Woodbury
- Social identity, roles, and stereotyping—as shown through leaders like Rick and the Governor
- The role of public health in society—from the CDC to local community organizations
- The spread of infectious disease and population modeling—swarm!
- The role of energy and momentum in damage control—how can you best protect yourself?
- Nutrition in a post-apocalyptic world—are squirrels really good for you?
- Managing stress in disaster situations—what’s the long-term effect of always sleeping with one eye open?
> Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2, the second spin-off from the same game in one year is due for release on PC later this year. American OSS secret agent Karl Fairburne fights alongside his allies to defeat zombies in Berlin.
http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/mers/ Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) is viral respiratory illness first reported in Saudi Arabia in 2012. It is caused by a coronavirus called MERS-CoV. Most people who have been confirmed to have MERS-CoV infection developed severe acute respiratory illness. They had fever, cough, and shortness of breath. About half of these people died.
The Walking Dead Episode 3: Tell it to the frogs
In our review we discuss:
How Merle undergoes extremely rapid sun-madness.
The time when Rick meets the rest of the gang - including his wife and son! Holy crap! and Shane is there too! Some of the best non-verbal, eyeball acting ever seen!
Glen gets demoted to dumbass.
Carl is subjected to awkwardness when his parents have sex like two feet away from him.
Daryl shows up! He's sweatier and squirrelier than we remembered.
Rick steps up and does what's right (so says he) by going right back to Atlanta to save Merle from solar insanity. Thus begins the fragmenting of the Shane-Rick-ocracy.
T-Dog has lines.
Women do laundry, Shane makes a lot of right decisions (for potentially the last time) and a misogynist gets his ass kicked.
Kyle from Pop Cultural Osmosis recommended these two excellent Key and Peele sketches that are too good not to share:
Get in touch! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you liked this episode of TWD or of the podcast!